Fire in Spa Hotel Northeastern China Kills 19 People

Recently in North-Eastern China, a fire broke out in the spa hotel that killed almost 19 people.  This fire tore through a hot springs hotel in the northeastern Chinese city of Harbin that lead to killing 19 people and causing 23 others to be taken to the hospital. According to the investigations, the fire at the four-story Bailong Hot Springs Leisure Hotel, a spa resort visited mainly by domestic tourists, broke out just after 4:30 a.m. It’s believed to have started in a kitchen on the second floor. The flames of the fire swept through an area of about 400 square meters before being extinguished after three hours, as more than 30 fire engines and 100 firefighters who rushed to the scene.  Firemen successfully rescue around 20 people who were trapped in the hotel and another 80 were evacuated from the building. On another side, the casualties treated in hospital were in the 40 to 70 age range. The actual number of the people who are killed were not immediately available. Earlier reports stated the number to be 18 that has now reached 19 after a survivor died while in hospital. Local authorities said a legal representative of the hotel was in criminal custody for the sake of suspected fire safety negligence. It is known that China has a pretty good record when it comes to the safety of the buildings and malls. China’s Ministry of Emergency Management said it would launch a nationwide fire safety inspections in buildings along with hotels, sauna, hospitals, schools and shopping malls. Heartfelt condolences for the deaths, people, and families...

More than 100 Girls Missing After Raid on Nigerian School

It was reported earlier this year that more than 100 girls were missing after the raid at a Nigerian School. The Media had reported that more than 100 of the girls have been missing after a suspected Boko Haram militants attacked their school in northeastern Nigeria. Bashir Manzo, father of one of the girls, interviewed with CNN said that his was one of the girls who is missing and unaccounted for after the raid on the Government Girls Science Technical College in Dapchi, Yobe.  The Nigerian Government has not yet come up with the release of the official list of those missing.  Shortly after the attack, Yobe’s governor did officially announce that almost 50 girls are unaccounted for, but the Manzo, who is the newly elected head of the parents’ association at the school, has reported that according to parents and the association’s records 104 girls were missing. Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has given a promising statement to the families that they will be returning the missing girls to their families in a safe and secure way and hopefully bring the attackers to justice. Buhari has proclaimed it a national disaster and a shameful act for the world.  A great number of the troops and surveillance aircraft have been deployed to search the territory for the unknown number of missing students. Update: In a statement release not long after the initial event, the Yobe state government said an unspecified number of girls had been rescued from the “terrorists who abducted them” and were now with the army. Reuters news agency quoted parents and a government official as saying that...

Suspect Arrested in Murder Case of Asma

Indian Police have finally woken up and on a Sunday morning they arrested the main suspect, added with the 4 other men, in the rape and murder case of a six-year-old girl named Asma in Dunyapur, a town in Lodhran district. Asma was reported missing on February 19th of this year. She was found to be dead less than a week later on February 24, near a pond and her body mutilated. The autopsy report confirmed the girl was killed after being raped. Upon further investigation, police have come up with a timeline that the main suspect in the case, Asma’s 19-year-old cousin Ali Haider, who has been accused of raping the child and then killing her.  The suspect has himself confessed to molesting and killing Asma. Four of the other suspects are also the close relatives of Asma who were arrested within 100 meters from the crime site. The complete autopsy of the Asma was carried out under the supervision of the Lodhran District Police Officer (DPO) Ameer Taimoor at the District Headquarters Hospital (DHQ). The DPO report, as the autopsy, confirmed the fact that the girl was raped before killing her. Further details about the case will be disclosed as the forensic report is issued. According to Dr. Waseem Iqbal, who is the medical superintendent at DHQ hospital Lodhran, stated that the victim was killed 48 hours before the dead body was found.  Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has taken the notice of the whole incident and is expected to make the visit to the family of Asma....

Iraq Condemns to Death 15 Turkish Women as Linked With ISIS

It has recently been reported that Iraq has condemned to death about 15 Turkish women because of their link with ISIS.  The Iraqi criminal court sentenced to death the women after finding them guilty of belonging to the Islamic State group. It was stated that one of the Turkish women, who was also accused of joining the jihadist group, was given a life sentence, adding they had all acknowledged the charges against them. All of the women were accompanied by their  children and were dressed in black. Their ages ranged between 20-25 years old. One of the Turkish women did admit in her statement that she made her way to Iraq illegally to join their husbands who were heading to fight as for the purpose of the self-proclaimed “caliphate” straddling vast areas of Iraq and Syria. One of the women even told the judge that she has often taken participation in the fight as against the Iraqi forces alongside the jihadists. Furthermore, not long after the sentencing, another group of foreign widows of ISIS fighters told a court hearing attended by an AFP journalists that they had been fooled or threatened by their husbands to head to Iraq. Iraq, which has detained at least 560 women, as well as 600 children, identified as jihadist or relatives of suspected ISIS fighters, is wasting no time in putting them on trial. Iraq’s anti-terrorism law empowers the courts to convict those who are believed to have helped ISIS, even if they are not accused of carrying out attacks. It also allows for the death penalty to be issued against anyone – including...

U.S. Troops Assisting Iraq Against ISIS

Recently, U.S. troops have shifted focus in Iraq to assist the Iraqi military forces to combat “nearly-defeated” ISIS forces. As we all know, ISIS has become an insurgence force since the U.S. led anti-ISIS coalition. The U.S. forces have moved its 5,600 troops to Iraq to shift this mission. “This coalition will assist our forces in Iraq to combat and make sure the last defeat of Daesh forces”, said Brig. Gen. Jonathan Braga, the coalition’s director of operations, speaking of the Arabic acronym for ISIS. According to an estimate, ISIS has lost the power of its 98% territory in Iraq and Syria it once declared himself to be its caliphate. Still, there are few fighters in the eastern desert of Syria fighting against the Kurdish and Arab-forces. So, the enemy is still a sign of terror and capable of planning some terror attacks worldwide. Well, the U.S. troops are making sure along with the coalition and permission of Iraq government that they will continue their training as well as an advisory presence in equipping all the controls against Daesh. They are more inclined towards border control, military capacity building, and making policy along with the training of the troops as well. The U.S. military presence in Iraq will be according to the proportional need and in complete coordination with the Iraqi government. U.S. military cites released the official number of U.S. troops in Iraq to be approximately 5, 262. While the U.S military records made public last fall disclosed it to be 9,000 American troops to assist Iraq. The percentage may fall off but the U.S. has ensured its...

UN Security Council Votes As For month-long Syria Ceasefire

We all have been aware of the condition of Syria these days! United Nations has since voted in order to permit humanitarian access and evacuations. The members of the United Nations Security Council voted on a resolution demanding a 30-day humanitarian ceasefire across Syria. It is to be reported that the Syria death toll has risen on the amount of about 500 as the eastern bombing continues in Syria. Moreover, the demand meant for the 30 days of the ceasefire was carried out to on the  basis that was immediately needed. Just one minute after the voting, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that news that the Syrian regime warplanes had even bombed eastern Ghouta, a besieged rebel enclave of about the amount of 400,000 people. This overall voting of the resolution has been on the whole proposed by the Kuwait and Sweden, even pulling it off, after about three days of Russian objections. The version that was accepted was a little bit different than the original version. The vote was postponed for two hours on Saturday as Russia ditched at the last minute.   In the last five days, it has been reported around that more than 520 deaths and more than 2,500 wounded. In short, this resolution is demanding for the access of the humanitarian deliveries and medical evacuation to the amount of about 5.6 million people in 1,244 communities....