Iraq Condemns to Death 15 Turkish Women as Linked With ISIS

It has recently been reported that Iraq has condemned to death about 15 Turkish women because of their link with ISIS.  The Iraqi criminal court sentenced to death the women after finding them guilty of belonging to the Islamic State group. It was stated that one of the Turkish women, who was also accused of joining the jihadist group, was given a life sentence, adding they had all acknowledged the charges against them. All of the women were accompanied by their  children and were dressed in black. Their ages ranged between 20-25 years old. One of the Turkish women did admit in her statement that she made her way to Iraq illegally to join their husbands who were heading to fight as for the purpose of the self-proclaimed “caliphate” straddling vast areas of Iraq and Syria. One of the women even told the judge that she has often taken participation in the fight as against the Iraqi forces alongside the jihadists. Furthermore, not long after the sentencing, another group of foreign widows of ISIS fighters told a court hearing attended by an AFP journalists that they had been fooled or threatened by their husbands to head to Iraq. Iraq, which has detained at least 560 women, as well as 600 children, identified as jihadist or relatives of suspected ISIS fighters, is wasting no time in putting them on trial. Iraq’s anti-terrorism law empowers the courts to convict those who are believed to have helped ISIS, even if they are not accused of carrying out attacks. It also allows for the death penalty to be issued against anyone – including...

Canadian Olympic Athlete involved in Drunk Driving Incident

Canadian ski athlete David Duncan was reported to be involved in Drunken Driving during the Pyeongchang Olympics. He is one of the skiing Olympic athletes and has won the hearts of many people already, but unfortunately, allegedly involved in a drunk driving incident and arrested for it though released afterward. It was reported on a Saturday morning that David Duncan, an Olympic athlete, and one more man were seen driving and involved in this case. “The driver was drunk heavily and had a bad alcohol level of .160”, said police. The police did not identify the athlete. The incident was reported to Canadian Olympic committee who then confirmed it. He felt guilty of drunken driving. The police arrested him Saturday morning, but soon released when the Olympic committee had confirmed his identity. David Duncan is ready to inspire generations in skiing competitions in Olympics. He is asked to not repeat such incidents as it can really spoil his image and health as well. The majority of drunken driving incidents reported this month had their drivers in bad alcohol habits. The police and the authorities need to take some serious action to avoid such incidents which can leave people in serious hazards. Also, police are encouraging the neighbors to report such incidents as soon as they find one. Dave Duncan is since apologized for “behavior that demonstrated poor judgment” after being released from jail following the alleged drunken...

Teen Accused of Stealing His Father’s Truck While Driving Impaired

A 17-year old son has been accused of stealing his father’s truck and then hitting into a tree, reported in Feb of this year, at Smallwood Crescent in Saskatoon. His father told the Saskatoon police officers that his 17-year old son has stolen his truck. Around 15 minutes later his father had reported the theft, a truck was seen colliding with a tree at the 100-block of Smallwood Crescent. No injuries were reported after the incident. The son is taken into custody and arrested on several charges that include impaired driving, possession of narcotics, and exceeding the .08 BAC level, and possession of stolen property. He was scheduled to appear before the Judge not long after. Meanwhile, the Saskatoon police set up a check stop on Friday night and alleged three drivers as drunk from over 500 motorists. One of those failed to pass the breathing test too. Two other motorists were reported to have a blood alcohol content and surpassed .04. They faced an immediate three-day roadside suspension. The police have decided to schedule more checkpoints, especially during the holiday season to avoid such cases and any risk factors, as much as they...

U.S. Troops Assisting Iraq Against ISIS

Recently, U.S. troops have shifted focus in Iraq to assist the Iraqi military forces to combat “nearly-defeated” ISIS forces. As we all know, ISIS has become an insurgence force since the U.S. led anti-ISIS coalition. The U.S. forces have moved its 5,600 troops to Iraq to shift this mission. “This coalition will assist our forces in Iraq to combat and make sure the last defeat of Daesh forces”, said Brig. Gen. Jonathan Braga, the coalition’s director of operations, speaking of the Arabic acronym for ISIS. According to an estimate, ISIS has lost the power of its 98% territory in Iraq and Syria it once declared himself to be its caliphate. Still, there are few fighters in the eastern desert of Syria fighting against the Kurdish and Arab-forces. So, the enemy is still a sign of terror and capable of planning some terror attacks worldwide. Well, the U.S. troops are making sure along with the coalition and permission of Iraq government that they will continue their training as well as an advisory presence in equipping all the controls against Daesh. They are more inclined towards border control, military capacity building, and making policy along with the training of the troops as well. The U.S. military presence in Iraq will be according to the proportional need and in complete coordination with the Iraqi government. U.S. military cites released the official number of U.S. troops in Iraq to be approximately 5, 262. While the U.S military records made public last fall disclosed it to be 9,000 American troops to assist Iraq. The percentage may fall off but the U.S. has ensured its...

UN Security Council Votes As For month-long Syria Ceasefire

We all have been aware of the condition of Syria these days! United Nations has since voted in order to permit humanitarian access and evacuations. The members of the United Nations Security Council voted on a resolution demanding a 30-day humanitarian ceasefire across Syria. It is to be reported that the Syria death toll has risen on the amount of about 500 as the eastern bombing continues in Syria. Moreover, the demand meant for the 30 days of the ceasefire was carried out to on the  basis that was immediately needed. Just one minute after the voting, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that news that the Syrian regime warplanes had even bombed eastern Ghouta, a besieged rebel enclave of about the amount of 400,000 people. This overall voting of the resolution has been on the whole proposed by the Kuwait and Sweden, even pulling it off, after about three days of Russian objections. The version that was accepted was a little bit different than the original version. The vote was postponed for two hours on Saturday as Russia ditched at the last minute.   In the last five days, it has been reported around that more than 520 deaths and more than 2,500 wounded. In short, this resolution is demanding for the access of the humanitarian deliveries and medical evacuation to the amount of about 5.6 million people in 1,244 communities....

Three Crashes Reported in Prince Alberta This Weekend

Recently in Prince Alberta, a northern Saskatchewan city, three impaired drivers have been reported for three separate crashes. The cases went to courts and the intoxicated drivers will soon meet a hearing, and their charges, in the Prince Alberta Court. The first crash happened on a Friday Evening when a 31-year old Ontario man was driving an unregistered vehicle and hit the guardrail in the northbound lane and the truck flipped on its side, police said. The driver was not injured but reported to drive an unregistered vehicle and a suspended license too. The man also did not pass the breathalyzer test at the station, said police. The man is charged with impaired driving and surpassing .08. He will appear in the Prince Alberta Court Monday morning. The second crash was reported on an early Saturday when an intoxicated woman crashed into a snow bank. It happened on the 400-block of Mahon Drive. The woman failed to pass the breathalyzer at the station, said the police. The woman is charged with impair driving and exceeding .08. She has been released from the custody and appeared in the Prince Alberta Court on 5th March 2018. The third crash happened on the last day of that weekend, Sunday early morning at 22nd Street, 6th Avenue East when a 34-year old man intoxicated man semi-collided his car. The man failed to pass the breathing test too and charged with impair driving and refuse to submit a breath sample. He will also appear in the Prince Alberta Court on...

London Witnessed 20% Rise in Rape Reports in a Year

It’s been said that India is the country that has been witnessing a high rate of the rape incidents, but now it seems like London is getting trolled on the same list. In the last year or so, it has been reported that the London has witnessed with around 20% rise in the rape reports suddenly. Police have admitted that they do not know the actual reason behind such a high rise in the percentage and that too in the course of just one year. It would not be wrong to say that there has been something happening in the sexual offending in London that we are not understanding at all. It is to bementioned that in the year till January, more than 7,600 cases have been reported against the rape incidents. This is getting into the comparison with the 6,392 over the previous 12 months. This is the exact accurate figure that has been collated by the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC). According to the Sir Craig Mackey who is the deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police stated that the rise in the reports has been not accounted just for simply by getting into more victims who are able to report the abuse. Joanne McCartney who is the deputy mayor of London even held the meeting with the Sir Craig’s as for where for the very first time both the officers have sat down at one table. Susan Hall who is the Conservative assembly member has called on the police in order to measure out with some outcomes against the control of the violence in the...

Reporting a Pair of Impaired Drivers in Digby Area

Nova Scotia RCMP says that two residents in the Digby area saved some road accidents by reporting two incidents of drunken drivers in the area. According to police, the first call came around 4:30 p.m. on 3rd Feb 2018 reporting of an abandoned vehicle in the middle of Shore Road. The officers caught that 50-year old man, a resident of Digby and accused him of an impaired driving charge. He was released from the police custody but will appear in the Digby Provincial Court on 9th April. The second similar incident was reported on 4th February 2018 when a truck was observed to go dangling on the Highway 217 Centreville and drove into the ditch. The witness called the 911 around 7 p.m. on 4th Feb said the cops and reported them of a swerving truck on the Highway that was changing the speeds continuously and finally fell into a ditch. The police arrested the drunken driver, a 62-year old man from Marshalltown, and charged him an impairing driving charge. He was also released from their custody and will appease in the Digby Provincial Court on 9th April. The police thanked the two “watching residents” for their prompt calls and making the road secure for any further accidents. And they asked the others to do the same as if they see any suspected impaired driver. The police also requested to call 911 immediately in case of such incidents with the following information, if in case any other incident happens in future: A brief description of the vehicle and the driver The license plate number Direction of travel Call 911,...

Non-Defense Aid to Pakistan should End, U.S. Congress

The U.S. House of Representatives joined the Senate recently to ask fora halting of the U.S. economic assistance to Pakistan while Trump administration has already halted its military assistance to Pakistan. A bill was introduced in the House saying the non-defense assistance to Pakistan should now be put to an end and the money set aside for this purpose should be spent on infrastructure projects in the United States. The reason behind this approval as provided by the movers is, “Pakistan provides military and intelligence aid to terrorists”, a charge that Pakistan strongly denies. On its defense, Pakistan claims that the U.S is just blaming their country as they themselves fail to hide their failure in Afghanistan where they tried to initiate an insurgency. The Congressmen Mark Sanford from South Carolina and Thomas Massie from Kentucky seeks to prohibit the US State Department and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) from sending American taxpayer money to Pakistan. Instead, they ask for these funds to be invested in Highway Projects and road infrastructures in the U.S. It seems like the Congressmen are offended to know that their money is being used to award the terrorist whereas it can be used to some great State’s developing projects. Most of the people in Senator agreed with the legislation to bring back the money home instead of spending it on a nation who burns their flag and imprison a doctor who helped them finding Osama. Instead, the money can be invested in Highway Trust Fund for which the money falls short by $111 billion by 2026. It completely makes sense. The current...

A New Impaired Driving Campaign by Weyburn Police

Drinking and driving has been reported as being one of continuous problems in Saskatchewan Canada, but now Weyburn Police is attempting to take new steps by offering free taxi rides. An initiative to curb Drunk Driving in Weyburn, Saskatchewan is hoping to minimize the chances of alcohol related car accidents by offering free voucher rides. They believe people would like to take more advantage of these free and safe rides to drive them home instead of driving themselves. It might change the culture of impaired driving and tackle with drinking and driving problems all through Sask. They named the campaign as “This Ride’s on Us” to get maximum of the residents to ride with them instead of getting drunk and getting into various car accidents. According to the plan, the patrons who think that they had too much can leave their keys with the bar staff and can get the free driving vouchers to get home. They can pick up their keys at Weyburn Police Station next day. “Since 2017, we have seen a gradual increase in impaired driving and according to an estimate it has raised by 22%. So, we are trying something different or perhaps implementing to reduce the risks of impaired driving as much as we can”, said Weyburn police chief Marlo Pritchard. The campaign is not about drinking at all but not drinking while driving. As most of the impaired driving cases led to some dreadful car wrecks and several deaths too. The program is expected to get most of the keys to the bar or rather people will take care while driving,...