Need a Attorney for your recent Traffic Violation?
Have you recently received a traffic and/or moving violation in the Buffalo area? New York State employs a point based penalty system for traffic and moving violations. If a driver receives more than 11 points within an eighteen month period, the driver may be subject to a driving privilege suspension. Additionally, if one receives three traffic misdemeanor / summons during any consecutive 18 month period, their driver’s license maybe revoked for up to six months. Although it may seem simpler to submit a plea through mail, one may not know what the ramifications of submitting a plea via mail will bring.
New York State DMV Point System
- Speeding (1-10 MPH over posted limit): 3 points
- Speeding (11-20 MPH over posted limit): 4 points
- Speeding (21-30 MPH over posted limit): 6 points
- Speeding (31-40 MPH over posted limit): 8 points
- Speeding (more than 40 MPH over posted limit): 11 points
- Reckless driving: 5 points
- Failing to stop for a school bus: 5 points
- Following too closely (tailgating): 4 points
- Inadequate brakes: 4 points
- Inadequate brakes while driving an employer's vehicle: 2 points
- Failing to yield right-of-way: 3 points
- Violation involving a traffic signal, stop sign, or yield sign: 3 points
- Railroad-crossing violation: 3 points
- Improper passing, unsafe lane change, driving left of center, or driving in wrong direction: 3 points
- Leaving the scene of an incident involving property damage or injury to a domestic animal: 3 points
- Safety restraint violation involving a person under 16: 3 points
- Texting while driving: 5 points
- Any other moving violation: 2 points
Get A Traffic violations Attorney Who will Fight For You!
Before entering your plea of guilty by mail, call Dominic Saraceno today to help you fight to preserve your driving privileges. Call him today at (716) 626-7007.